FBT Ventis 115A 15" Bass Reflex Active Speaker
PROCESSED ACTIVE SPEAKER 700W +200W RMS – 133DB SPL
Comprising four versatile loudspeaker enclosures for either portable use or fixed installation, FBT is debuting the VENTIS range at Pro Light + Sound 2016. Available in either passive or bi-amplified versions, each of the models – the VENTIS 115, 112, 110, and 206 – has been designed to meet the highest standards in both performance and aesthetic appeal.
For the VENTIS range, quality and flexibility are the watchwords. Based on a powerful combination of B&C compression drivers and FBT’s own custom, long excursion woofers, the 115, 112 and 110 models are two-way, bass reflex designs housed in 15mm birch plywood. A full-grille design backed by specially treated acoustic cloth delivers the characteristic style for which FBT is known, while fully rotatable constant directivity horns ensure accurate coverage.
The three enclosures are as suitable for fixed installation as they are for use on the stage. M10 points are included as standard while an optional U-bracket can be used for wall-mounting. For use on the road, the VENTIS models include aluminum handles with rubber inserts, a 35mm polemount socket, and a 45° sloped profile for unobtrusive placement on-stage as a monitor.
Meanwhile the multi-purpose VENTIS 206 can be deployed as a front fill, an under-balcony fill, as a main providing pristine speech intelligibility or simply as the full-range companion of a subwoofer. Constructed in 12mm birch plywood, the 206 has an integrated rear handle, an optional mounting bracket and, most importantly, an astonishing size to SPL ratio.
Power for the active VENTIS models comes courtesy of a specially designed, Italian made switching mode amplifier module. Low frequencies are driven by a highly efficient 700W RMS (full bridge) Class-D topology, operating with extremely low THD. For the HF stage, a 200W RMS performance is delivered via a meticulously crafted Class-H / AB design.
Finally, DSP on-board the VENTIS enclosures is both user friendly and powerful. Located on the rear of each enclosure, a menu-driven system is navigated via a single rotary control with push-to-select functionality. A total of 6 pre-optimised settings are available (see below), plus 2 further slots for users to form their own designs, using 5 parametric equalizers per slot. Also available is a high-pass filter, a mic/line selector, low, mid and high tone settings and an optional delay of between 0 and 3.5 metres. Finally, users can exclusively choose between two limiter modes, MAX-SPL or MAX-QUALITY, to best suit their performance.
- 2-way, bi-amplified, bass reflex design
- Biamped: 700W RMS LF and 200W RMS HF power amplifiers in Class D for LF and in Class H/AB for HF
- Digital Signal Processor with graphic display
- 15 mm (0.59”) birch plywood scratch resistant enclosure and internal bracing
- High efficiency switch mode power supply
- Control Panel features balanced XLR/Jack input, XLR LINK OUT, 2 x Volume, RCA Stereo input, DSP display with rotative encoder and push
- 380mm (15”) LF woofer with 64mm (2.5”) voice coil, custom made for FBT
- 25mm (1”) exit throat B&C HF compression driver with 44mm (1.7”) voice coil
- Frequency response from 42Hz to 20KHz
- 80°H x 50°V Constant Directivity rotatable Horn
- 6 x M10 suspension points, wall bracket mount thread, 35 mm (1 3/8”) top-hat speaker stand socket, two aluminium handles
- 45° monitor taper.